Organic French Red Clay
Clays are naturally-occurring, earthy, mineral-rich elements derived from various sources including volcanic ash, rocks, soil, or sediment. Each clay has a unique combination of minerals, such as Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, and Silica, that gives it an inimitable composition. Used cosmetically or topically in general, French Clays attach themselves to oil, bacteria, and impurities from the skin to eliminate them and leave skin feeling cleansed, clarified, and balanced. Used in hair, French Clays remove product build-up from the scalp and strands, while eliminating dead cells, flakiness, and excess oil, thereby stimulating the growth of healthier hair.
Clays are often differentiated by their ability to absorb, adsorb, or do both. A clay’s absorption refers to its ability to attract elements into itself. A clay’s adsorption refers to its ability to attract elements onto its surface. To illustrate, an absorptive clay applied to the skin will draw oils, impurities, and toxins out from the skin and into itself, whereas an adsorptive clay applied to the skin will draw impurities out from the skin and keep them suspended on its surface. Furthermore, a clay that has only adsorptive properties will not draw oils out from the skin.
Organic French Red Clay made from superfine red clay comes from Hematite Iron. The color of this clay is from the copper oxides contained in this rock. French Red Clay is rich in kaolinite, illite, montmorillonite, and calcite. This clay is best suited for normal to oily skin types for cleansing, detoxifies and exfoliates the skin.
Benefits of Organic French Red Clay
French Red Clay boasts different main ingredients, like kaolinite, illite, calcite, and montmorillonite. It obtains its bold red colour from the copper oxide in the rocks where Red Clay is found. The natural absorbency of French Red Clay make it the ultimate solution for people with oily skin because it can slough off dead skin cells, cleanse the surface of the skin, remove unwanted oils, and leave the skin looking toned and rejuvenated. French Red Clay is commonly used in body wraps, soaps, face masks, mineral-based cleansers, and face and body scrubs to deliver gentle yet undeniable results.
More About French Red Clay
- Best suited for normal, oily, flaky, and acne-prone skin types as well as for skin with broken capillaries (also known as spider veins)
- Red in color due to the high concentration of Iron Oxide and Copper Oxide present in Hematite Iron
- Cleanse skin while removing dead cells and reducing the appearance of enlarged pores, leaving skin looking refreshed and smooth
- Extremely absorbent and purifying
- Have toning and humidifying properties that hydrate the skin and smooth the look of wrinkles
- Revitalize and exfoliate skin that appears to be dull, aging, and congested, giving it a brighter appearance
- Enhance circulation, thus leaving skin looking radiant
- Regenerate, strengthen, and firm the skin and tissue
- Repair skin damage caused by the sun and reduce the appearance of bruises, stretch marks, burns, broken capillaries, and varicose veins