This simple self-care practice is a wonderful addition to any skin care routine. Facial steaming opens up your pores and using herbs and flowers in the water nourishes and tones your skin. Adding the plants to the hot water releases their nutrient-rich aromatic oils, which are then absorbed by your skin .
BENEFITS OF STEAM
A steady stream of warm, soothing steam does more than instantly relax your body and mind. Steaming your face also:
- Boosts circulation. Exposure to warm steam increases perspiration, helping your skin’s blood vessels to dilate, which improves blood flow.
- Hydrates and oxygenates your skin. Moist heat revives dry, tired-looking skin thanks in part to that fresh, oxygenated blood.
- Loosens debris and unclogs pores. Warm steam softens the skin’s surface, which makes it easier for bacteria and dirt to exit pores.
- Promotes a healthy glow. That boost in circulation beneath the skin, combined with a blast of hydration to the surface, will help you look refreshed.
- Calms your nerves with herbal aromas. When you add herbs and essential oils to your facial steam, it works as aromatherapy to help soothe your mind and body